Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,957   Online: 762

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Hello from Arkansas

Wow, I had a huge post typed up, attached a picture and then click submit and learned that I couldn't attach links until 5 posts. It deleted my whole post.

So here it goes again...

My name is Eric. I am 25 years old and I'm from Arkansas. I hold a job as an RN so photography is a part-time hobby. I got my first DSLR about 3 years ago now and I have been learning ever since. But then I felt like I wanted more gratification from my work so I started shooting some film with my aunts Canon EOS. It was fun and cool but still wasn't what I wanted. I needed something more mechanical, more organic. A friend gave me a Minolta X-370 with a 50 1.7 and 200 f/4 lens. That was it. I love the feeling of that metal body and the manual film lever advance. I shot some rolls of film and got them developed. But somethings else was missing.

I wanted to develop my own film. So I got a roll of T-Max 100 and an Epson V500 (Craigslist $60!) and went to work. I first used the Cafenol formula. Success! I felt like I really made something!

Now I am looking to develop B&W using real chemicals and proper technique. I look to learn a lot of tips on developing/scanning from this website.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, I had to post again to this thread to subscribe to it. :s
    http://www.ericholmesphotography.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ehp.holmes

Minolta X-370, Kodak Autographic, Ciroflex TLR, Argus C3 rangefinder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Eric. Hope you enjoy it here.

A mild warning though - APUG intentionally limits discussions about scanning (its sister site, dpug.org welcomes those). So if you start asking questions about that part of your workflow, you might be a little disappointed in the response.

But we are glad you are here.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    So this sites focus is in making prints from the negative through enlargement?

Does dpug.com offer development assistance, etc?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eric-holmes View Post
    So this sites focus is in making prints from the negative through enlargement?

Does dpug.com offer development assistance, etc?
    Yes it does.

That being said, many people who either use labs to do some or all of their work, or do use scanning for some or all of their work also participate here. We just don't get into the technicalities of the scanning and digital printing/display parts of the workflow.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Eric.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Eric!
    I'm right over here in Memphis (and a native Arkansan, to boot), am completely addicted to film, and both scan and enlarge.
    There's lots of great knowledge and expertise here, and I'm sure you'll be developing your own film full-tilt before long.

Cheers,
    Terry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Eric and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    So I checked out DPUG.com. Wow, there are whole categories over there that haven't had any activity in them in a week. I will more than likely be staying right here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    eric - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin