Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,729   Online: 826

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Coming back to my roots

I have been an ex student of phography studies college in southbank (melbourne), however that was years ago. I kind of left photography behind even though I did get some published work.

Anyway, Im coming back. After recovering from shell shock from where digifail has gone (ok, its far better now... in fact usable!), Im going to do all of the above. More to the point get myself back into a darkroom and using my beloved film again.

I shoot 35mm and 6x7. I might even look at 5x4 in the future somewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Danielle !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Danielle, you'll soon feel at home.
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great to have you here Danielle, the touch and feel of film will certainly bring you joy and new motivations. ~ Lee ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG Danielle! I hope you enjoy being here.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you. I will enjoy it, and or am actually.

Need to find a darkroom now. - I'll join our local camera club I think, plus I'll likely learn more there too. Everyone can always learn a thing of two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Danielle - hello and welcome to APUG... it's good to have you back among us film users.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's lovely to have another local girl here Welcome, Danielle!
    My darkroom is my 2metre by 1metre laundry... it's do-able... and no travel time to get there! I hope you find somewhere to get back into printing soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd love to have my own darkroom. I ALWAYS wanted my own for printing. But rental properties and no room says a huge no to that idea.

However Im quite interested in like minded people around melb. Im going to have to find out if Melb camera club has a darkroom to suit my application, Im sure they do. If they have equipment to do at least medium format up to at least 20x24, Im sold. I can do film processing at my home, that's not a drama. I just need to re-buy the crap to do it with. Vanbars has it all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I've got the rental restriction as well but I have the fortune (? ) of living on my own so I'm not bothering anyone when I take over the laundry. Décor by GladBag with a whiff of Eau de Kodak Rapid Fix Then again, I'm only doing 35mm up to 8x10 so the trays just fit across the washing machine. 6x7 format and larger prints might present a bit more of a challenge!
    There are some innovative ideas in this thread: Bathroom and other temporary makeshift darkrooms.
    Also, there are a few people amongst the Australian Forums who are part of the Melbourne Camera Club and they would probably know what formats they're able to accommodate. The local lads and lasses can be found here: Australian Forum.
    Hope this helps.
    Molli

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin