Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,979   Online: 957

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yep.... If we don't meet the funding goal we get NOTHING at all - nobody's Amazon account gets charged and we start all over. THat is why I am so desperately pleading for not only personal sacrifice in terms of possible donations, but also to help spread the word by any means (this and other forums, facebook, personal blogs, etc.). Every bit helps and I really do think that this project is cool enough for the word to reach enough people and there to be enough support to make it happen.

Frankly, if it doesn't go through it's gonna suck, but we'll do it. I have way too much as far as personal energy invested in it and I have to see it through. If it means selling my cameras so be it. I really don't want to do that though.... Plus, in all fairness us asking for $16.000 is us asking for 1/3 of what it's really going to cost, but we're willing to fund the rest somehow... At this point I can max out my savings by buying the following: water tanks,pump and heater, table top, batteries and electrical junk. THis is not including any of the connectors between all of the above, the labour, the VWs busses and their interiors, wood, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks for welcoming me here folks. I do love film and hope that this project will expose more people to it's wonderful possibilities.

... all fingers crossed - we need a minor miracle....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A cracker of an introduction and very interesting project too, bear hugs from Australia.
    It's a brilliant idea, if a little offbeat — and mighty ambitious. But we all thrive on ambition and art. Many people out there might well wonder what a darkroom is. What better explanation than a canary-yellow converted schoolbus with a walkthrough?

But... you put a lot of faith in Saints. I believe in faeries to deliver, but never saints...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by orlovphoto View Post
    Yep.... If we don't meet the funding goal we get NOTHING at all - nobody's Amazon account gets charged and we start all over.
    That's a neat concept! Why didn't someone think of that sooner?

I'll see what I can scrape up after the holidays

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ8 View Post
    Sounds neat, but again, what if the candidate doesn't meet the deadline?
    If so, can I have the bus?!!!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A pitch is a pitch.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks All!

I'll try to be more active virtually, but for now I got a lot of stuff to take care of before I get out of San Diego and so I couldn't check in on here...

Yes! IF we DON'T reach the goal We Get $0.00! Nobody's accounts is charged and the money never goes through - it's a bit scary. Building this thing going to be hard if we DO get the funding - WITHOUT the funding it's going to be A LOT harder...

Thanks for the warning Toffle, I'll see what happens - at this point I'm doing my best reaching out and beyond that it's out of my hands.

P.S. Tried printing on some old Agfa 118 from the 50s or 60s - it's been stored next to a hot wall so about 3-4in of it on the short side are ruined, but the rest of it is good and it's 16x20 so I can definitely print lith 15x15in from my Rolleis I love vintage paper...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    When you hear "concept"' run like the wind....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin