Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,869   Online: 1119

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great photos!
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    VERY nice photos. I especially like the way you crop your photos - some really benefit from that panorama aspect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I looked at the photos of China (my service provider slows me down after a bit, and it was all I could see with a reasonable wait) and they are wonderful. I agree with the others who said it is slow to load, but my main concern is that (on my screen at least), most of the "square" photos appear to go offscreen - I'm never sure I'm looking at the whole image. The website design is simple and effective, and as I said the China pics at least are great.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Large Format
    Very slow load, both initially for the site and later for individual pictures, through my medium-speed DSL line. Also, having the pictures bleed all the way to the edge of the window is disconcerting - hard to escape the feeling that something is being cropped. (Is it?)

I thought the menus and thumbnails were distracting until I discovered that you can make them go away by moving the cursor out of the window. Very nice!

Thanks for sharing - I'll be heading back for another look!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yup, seems to be a common refrain -- slow to load, although sometimes it's OK at my end. Hard to say...as for the picture bleed, you're getting the whole deal.

Easiest way is to keep the cursor off screen and use the arrow keys to navigate. I had to learn that by trial and error...
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    Yup, seems to be a common refrain -- slow to load, although sometimes it's OK at my end. Hard to say...as for the picture bleed, you're getting the whole deal.

Easiest way is to keep the cursor off screen and use the arrow keys to navigate. I had to learn that by trial and error...
    You might want to put the "keep the cursor off screen and use the arrow keys to navigate" tip somewhere prominent.

In addition, it would be great if clicking on to the opening photo/screen would open up the menu (which itself isn't really easy to locate).

The photography? wonderful!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    These are outstanding, evocative images,nd I love the website. I've never seen a Wordpress template like that. If I may ask, hitch template is it?
    Chris Klug
    -----------
    My photo life story: http://patternsoflightndark.com/wordpress/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Colin: You photos are wonderful. I particularly liked the B/W China and color ones. Well the others are great too. They are all rich, deep and meaningful. I also noticed the slow load although mine wasn't that bad since I'm running about 3-4 MB. When I checked your photos, they are very large for the web. You might be able to reduce the size and never notice since monitors have a lot less pixels horizontally and vertically then you have on each of your photos. Anyway the wait between shots gives one time to enjoy and absorb them even more. Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Colin: You photos are wonderful. I particularly liked the B/W China and color ones. Well the others are great too. They are all rich, deep and meaningful. I also noticed the slow load although mine wasn't that bad since I'm running about 3-4 MB. When I checked your photos, they are very large for the web. You might be able to reduce the size and never notice since monitors have a lot less pixels horizontally and vertically then you have on each of your photos. Anyway the wait between shots gives one time to enjoy and absorb them even more. Alan.
    I agree.

Note how much down-scaling is required to fit on to my (admittedly old fashioned) 1280 x 1024 monitor. You would be better controlling that from your end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails colin 1.JPG  
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin