Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,829   Online: 858

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You spoke, I listened...working with a friend to resize the images. Should be done in a day or two and I think you'll notice quite a speedier load after that.

Thanks, all!
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Great images and site works very well. I am using a standard DSL connection in Australia and speed is OK here. Looks great on iPad also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very, very nice work Colin! Three of the images I particularly liked were:

the musician on the otherwise empty street,
    the woman on the side of the pool,
    the boy in the folding chair.

The latter picture reminded me a bit of Diane Arbus's work.

Here in the US I had no problems with loading which was very fast. I use Windows 7 and standard DSL.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 12-29-2011 at 10:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks all...I've sized down the photos a bit --- same quality but not so huge to load. It should load and proceed a lot more quickly now.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    Thanks all...I've sized down the photos a bit --- same quality but not so huge to load. It should load and proceed a lot more quickly now.
    It does!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    A little tip.
    i found the thumbnails of your portfolio (bottom) quite small. I would prefer a somewhat bigger image to select from.

Keep up the analog word..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I liked the website very much, it is quite focused on the images, easy to navigate. There are no distractions (huge logos or navigational stuff) which I particularly like. I switched to full screen and browsed the images.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Willie Jan - I used a pre-existing template from Wordpress for the site. I can't change the thumbnail size - on the positive side, it works quite well for photography sites and I would recommend using them. Relatively easy to master and upgrade regularly, and they seem to have a lot of templates constructed specifically for photography.

As a point of information, the name of the template I used is called "ANAN"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    At this point i am also trying to get wordpress installed. no luck until now...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    An update, of sorts...

I just added a new set of works to the "Portfolios" section...my ongoing street photography images.

http://tinyurl.com/6w496al

all the best,
    Cc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin