Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,836   Online: 854

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

My new (film!) website

Folks -
    Longtime Ape Hugger here, but I finally emptied out all my shoeboxes and checked under the bed for old negs and got enough for a website of my work.

http://www.colincorneau.com/

Love to know what you think - seriously, good and bad - and I should say the first 4 categories under "Portfolio" are all film images. (As is, obviously, the category "Film Images")
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice simple layout. I don't mind flash if thats what it is.

The photography is stellar. I only have time to check the first b&w gallery of China but it makes me want to return to see more when I can look at leisure.

The night shots are impressive and the rez/detail on some of the scans looks great.

Thumbs up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    More than good, Colin. One of the most remarkable collections of images I've seen. I didn't have much time but viewed every image anyway. I couldn't stop.
    Looked great on a 27 inch monitor, too. Some dust on a couple of images but, so what. Great stuff!

-Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks folks...for the record, it was done on a WordPress template so it'll run on iPhones/iPads, etc. -- no Flash used.

A little sheepish that I repeated one of the images in the Newspaper section! Always a glitch, eh?
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great website Colin, the layout is unobtrusive and leaves more focus on the images themselves. The photography isn't the subject matter that I usually am intrigued with, but your shots are absolutely wonderful--well done!

EDIT: One problem I found; when I went to the purchase print area and clicked to enlarge the thumbnail, the image came in hi-res but I couldn't scroll to the left or right to see the whole image. Also, it didn't say what the format was---looks like some sort of alt process.
    Last edited by Klainmeister; 12-23-2011 at 01:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    K.S. Klain

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great site liked both content and design. Good work good choice of template!

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    wonderful photography!

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I agree with the good comments here to the limited extent of only seeing three images, all that I could get Australian country "broadband", with a speed of something like a dozen bytes per day, would download in twenty minutes

So, my only negative comment is that your site is too big to be viewed in third world countries like the Australian bush

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear it, jbaphoto -- considering it's snowy and cold here, with darkness hitting about 5pm now, Australia looks pretty First World to me!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Took you long enough Colin! Do you know how long I've been waiting for this?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin