Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,074   Online: 794

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I don't know what it feels like to be stung by a scorpion, but I know how I get prints printed: have my darkroom tech make a "straight print", then mark it up with crop, dodge, burn instructions, iterate until happy. Quite often the darkroom tech tries something as a suggestion. If it works it works. One could quibble about whos print it is - his vision or mine. I don't care to quibble.
    Its painful(Some Yogis in India said death is better than pain)...its painful.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Each approaches photography as best suits them. For me, wandering about the landscape studying the light, composing an image on the GG, exposing, developing, printing and presentation are all spokes on the same wheel. And when I keep the wheel turning, it is always surprising how far I travel.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read from in a forum (can't remember if it is in here or LFPF) that you could say that some Photographers are "Hunters" and some are "Cooks". Some can be both while others choose to be only one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scorpions in the Tropics are not that painful, their pinch is worse than their sting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Its painful(Some Yogis in India said death is better than pain)...its painful.
    Yes it is. At one time I had a really good printer who could do what I want in 2 or 3 iterations. Now I'm not that lucky.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdEye View Post
    I read from in a forum (can't remember if it is in here or LFPF) that you could say that some Photographers are "Hunters" and some are "Cooks". Some can be both while others choose to be only one.
    Even, if you are a hunter your sole purpose to get something to cook. Isn't it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    :-) Sting of a scorpion may help to understand many things...I am from tropic, but live in Western World.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Even, if you are a hunter your sole purpose to get something to cook. Isn't it?
    No, not necessarily. For some it's the thrill of the kill (capture) and for others it is the trophy hung on the wall (and the rest goes to waste).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm a hunter and a cook. What I am not is a salesman!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    To paraphrase St. Ansel "The recipe is the score and the meatloaf is the performance" LOL
    "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"........Paul Simon

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin