Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,658   Online: 1035

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    I'm a hunter and a cook. What I am not is a salesman!
    Salesman are boring, since they do not represent what they are. :-(
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Even, if you are a hunter your sole purpose to get something to cook. Isn't it?
    Not if you have the choice of having someone to cook for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I personally think, it is not so easy to imprint your emotions on someone...my 2c..
    We are making progress understanding each other So why do you feel compelled to imprint your emotions on someone? How about just letting that person... emote... on their own?

Just give one of your prized negs to someone else and enjoy.

~~~

Regarding the musical analogy, well, there are composers who wrote lots of instructions and were very persnickety about performances. And there are equally capable composers who wrote very little, seldom titled their pieces or even gave tempos or other indications, and were known to value differing interpretations. Classic example: the Bach preludes, there is almost nothing to guide the performer... and that has given us a lot of interesting variations. That doesn't devalue the composition in any way.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by largely View Post
    To paraphrase St. Ansel "The recipe is the score and the meatloaf is the performance" LOL
    ...but that is not before the self evaluation(which may require performance/printing)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We are making progress understanding each other So why do you feel compelled to imprint your emotions on someone? How about just letting that person... emote... on their own?

~~~

Regarding the musical analogy, well, there are composers who wrote lots of instructions and were very persnickety about performances. And there are equally capable composers who wrote very little, seldom titled their pieces or even gave tempos or other indications, and were known to value differing interpretations. Classic example: the Bach preludes, there is almost nothing to guide the performer... and that has given us a lot of interesting variations. That doesn't devalue the composition in any way.
    Mr. Keith,

This is question by itself, Is it possible to create a master piece(not accidental) when you are not the part of the whole?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think we're clumping photojournalism (Bresson) with everything else and that isn't quite fair. Bresson's job was to capture. That's what he did. His printers, as skilled as they were, were assigned the task of delivering an image that was already well composed and timed. At times it may have been not properly exposed, but content and moments was what mattered and that's what Bresson delivered. He was not interested in printing and he probably didn't have the time, or even the skills, but that doesn't diminish his accomplishments one little bit. Others decide to have full control for various reasons: ego, skills, time available, type of photography and mostly because they enjoy the process. I, personally, print my own negatives because I truly enjoy printing and, if I didn't, I'd simply be shooting digital and let an inkjet spit it out. As always, everyone's mileage may vary.

Shooter
    Multi Format

~~~

Unfortunately, most of HCB work are master piece. I may take photographs...nevertheless, I will die one day(not a surprise)...but still, how can HCB achieved that quality(without processing what he has done)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Henri Cartier-Bresson

He disliked developing or making his own prints. He said: "I've never been interested in the process of photography, never, never. Right from the beginning. For me, photography with a small camera like the Leica is an instant drawing." -Wikipedia.

If you give a birth to a child and you are not interested to raise them up, how can they be such a master piece.

That was Henri Cartier-Bresson's opinion. You may not like it, but that still does apply for those who still shoot slides.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A quick look at Avedon's marked-up proofs shows how involved he was in the printing process. These are included in several of the printed collections of his work. There was obviously a close relationship between him and his printer(s). Not sure why this should be a problem or regarded as unusual.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    That was Henri Cartier-Bresson's opinion. You may not like it, but that still does apply for those who still shoot slides.

Steve
    ... or Polaroid/Fujiroid.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin