Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,229   Online: 700

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I like that philosophy. Did I ever tell you about my image that was capable of being a Pulitzer Prize winner. It was outside of Harrods, in Knightsbridge, on a rainy afternoon. I forgot my camera that day... but what an image it was!
    I'm glad to hear this. I thought I was the only one. I have lots of these images. LOL

Larry
    "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"........Paul Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I value this post, as I have had the same experience without a camera many times.
    As a beginner in the photography , I have a general question, Is it possible to imprint your emotions(only photographic sense for that matter) on others? General question....
    Last edited by baachitraka; 01-06-2012 at 03:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes it is! And words certainly aren't necessary to do that.

And.... contrary to what some people seem to believe, in certain galleries that I've visited, pricetags on matted prints don't really show people how to find value in your photography. Recently I asked someone why a certain print cost so much, and he said, well, it was shot on this fancy camera in that enormous format, printed on this kind of paper, with that fancy developer, and I just had a good chuckle. I badly wanted to say that I could buy the camera and the paper and the developer and put them on my mantle for less than the cost of the print....
    Last edited by keithwms; 01-06-2012 at 03:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was an ignorant(even now on unknown reasons), I can now bravely take a photography and worry nothing about its outcome...I seldom care about the format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do not know, what my virtual mentor "Thomas Bertilsson" will say about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really hope that I can one day be so successful that I can have a master printer print for me!

Personally, I would rather make the photo and have someone with more experience and expertise in printing convey my ideas into the final product. And I don't think that makes me any less of an artist.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Processing one's own film and prints is a unique talent. One of the reasons the likes of Adams, Weston, Strand, etc. are held in great respect by myself and others.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    When a post discusses HCB, lets just remind ourselves in visual terms what we are talking about -

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Guss25YP-U...-Bresson00.jpg

Can any memember of APUG produce a picture like this?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mr. Cliveh,

I as a beginner in photography, see the above examples as geometries. If consciousness played an important role then an emotion, a photo like above can be made with ease(I did not do it yet how abyss is my ignorance).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Can any memember of APUG produce a picture like this?
    Well, believe it or not, quite a few people won't find as much value in an image like that as perhaps you or I would. I of course would love to have it on my wall!

I think some people strive for "timeless", people-less, emotionally abstract images- Ansel wannabes, for lack of a better term. This is in stark contrast to these sorts of HCB images that have an obvious and often confrontational sense of place and time.

Some people like one thing; some people like another. And the Earth keeps spinning on axis.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin