Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,216   Online: 779

Thread: David Bailey

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

David Bailey

A short bit of fluff about Bailey, Jean Shrimpton and their first NYC shoot:

http://portable.tv/talks/post/david-...kes-manhattan/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Intersting, thanks for the share
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We'll take Manhattan will be shown on B.B.C. 4 TV next Thursday night, I'm looking foreword to it.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    thanks . Interesting

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

David Bailey is in this...

Free full length documentary on Brian Duffy: "The Man Who Shot The 60s". It's on vimeo.com ID#9141202 (I'm not allowed to post links yet )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bitnaut View Post
    Free full length documentary on Brian Duffy: "The Man Who Shot The 60s". It's on vimeo.com ID#9141202 (I'm not allowed to post links yet )
    I really enjoyed that Brian Duffy video. I watched it a few times over the past months.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like that, great stuff!

Jeff

Bailey, Duffy and Donovan were the "terrible three" of 60's UK fashion photography.
    Here are some pics of Jean:
    http://www.fanpix.net/gallery/jean-s...n-pictures.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Johnson View Post
    Bailey, Duffy and Donovan were the "terrible three" of 60's UK fashion photography.
    Here are some pics of Jean:
    http://www.fanpix.net/gallery/jean-s...n-pictures.htm
    David Bailey, Brian Duffy,Terry Donovan, and Don Mccullin were all working class lads from the East End of London who were refereed to collectively as "the cockney Mafia".
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    A short bit of fluff about Bailey, Jean Shrimpton and their first NYC shoot:

http://portable.tv/talks/post/david-...kes-manhattan/
    Thank you for posting this. I went from there to spening much of the weekend looking at Bailey on the web. It is kind of funny that as much as I'd heard his name, and had of course seen Blow Up and knew that connection, I really didn't know all that much about him or his work.

The original New York photo session featured in the new movie really does show his amazing eye and intensity. The actor portraying him (like the one in Blow-Up ) I think show by contrast the intensity the real Bailey had. And the reshoots do the same thing for me. They did an amazing job of restaging the shots, but the original "Twist" photo is incredible and the contrast with the reshoot really shows that off.

It was also great to see that he is still at it today. I like his no BS way with interviews. That old NYC shoot sure seems to support his idea for going in and shooting while things are still fresh. He sees the ordinary but fascinating stuff of NYC that just sort of disappears with familiarity.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin