Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,988   Posts: 1,633,075   Online: 817

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blogs

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i have a personal blog that is mainly about my personal learning of photo stuff. i use it to keep notes/ideas/thoughts for myself. it also serves to keep some of my family updated on my life. at my work we use a blog to replace status reports and post updates on projects and major tasks. i think they have their place.

http://www.offramp.org/~jss/afaik/

Images
    Fort HUnter Liggett! We have to chat!

http://bmacphoto.com/jolon

Quote Originally Posted by jschlach
    i have a personal blog that is mainly about my personal learning of photo stuff. i use it to keep notes/ideas/thoughts for myself. it also serves to keep some of my family updated on my life. at my work we use a blog to replace status reports and post updates on projects and major tasks. i think they have their place.

http://www.offramp.org/~jss/afaik/
    hi!

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    see? blogs bring people close together! hehe

anyways.. bmac: sure, lets talk. i ended up there quite randomly on a recreational drive on my day off. i hardly have any film shot there.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wfwhitaker
    Blog is such a lovely sounding word; if, indeed, it is even a word at all.
    I've got a better one. The other day I read "blogosphere" in a news article

LOL!
    hi!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Fort HUnter Liggett! We have to chat!

http://bmacphoto.com/jolon
    Wow! I haven't heard of, or been to, Hunter Liggett in years. You never know where things are going to pop up.

I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    Yes an no -- like many writers originating from the non-blog media, they tend to see blogs merely as smaller versions of mainstream media outlets -- so their acceptable range of subjects conform entirely to the World As Seen By CNN mentality. Foreign-policy blogs, economics blogs.... which are by far just a sliver of the blog ecology. While instapundit and the like may drag-in a lot of hits, for the most part they tend to just ape what's alredy in the media. In fact the election was a vivid illustration of what happens when media covers blog sites as news, even as the bloggers themselves are just repeating random snips of what they heard a few minutes ago on Fox News. Talk about public navel-gazing.

The bulk of blogs are owned by 13-year-old girls who abandon the blog after a month or two. I'm not kidding, something like 70% of all blog addresses are abandoned and originally owned by teen girls. Of active blogs, there are some on politcal issues, with low readership -- one of my neighbors around the corner has a ranting one that goes on every few days about those damned democrats and harry potter and jesus, but as far as I can tell the only readers are his children and his drinking buddies from the VFW. There are a fair number of photobloggers who just noodle around, though they get themselves constrained by the "i have to post a new pic every day" mentality that requires them to use digi's and post a lot of pictures of their feet, their cats sleeping, sunsets and pretty much the entire cliche catalog.

Still, it makes for a big bookstore, and there are a few worthwhile ones. I think.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    There are a fair number of photobloggers who just noodle around, though they get themselves constrained by the "i have to post a new pic every day" mentality that requires them to use digi's and post a lot of pictures of their feet, their cats sleeping, sunsets and pretty much the entire cliche catalog.

Still, it makes for a big bookstore, and there are a few worthwhile ones. I think.
    oh great, now I have to go change my photo of the day! hehe jk
    hi!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've started up a blog, which can be found here.

It should prove to be interesting.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My site is a kind of combo blog & gallery. I have a separate section where I write stuff, usually just my darkroom log and reviews. The whole thing isn't updated enough, as I've been lazy lately.

Molten Words

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin