Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,988   Posts: 1,633,075   Online: 817
      
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: Blogs

  1. #11
    jss
    jss is offline
    jss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    200
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    28
    i have a personal blog that is mainly about my personal learning of photo stuff. i use it to keep notes/ideas/thoughts for myself. it also serves to keep some of my family updated on my life. at my work we use a blog to replace status reports and post updates on projects and major tasks. i think they have their place.

    http://www.offramp.org/~jss/afaik/

  2. #12
    bmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,156
    Images
    9
    Fort HUnter Liggett! We have to chat!

    http://bmacphoto.com/jolon

    Quote Originally Posted by jschlach
    i have a personal blog that is mainly about my personal learning of photo stuff. i use it to keep notes/ideas/thoughts for myself. it also serves to keep some of my family updated on my life. at my work we use a blog to replace status reports and post updates on projects and major tasks. i think they have their place.

    http://www.offramp.org/~jss/afaik/
    hi!

  3. #13
    jss
    jss is offline
    jss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    200
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    28
    see? blogs bring people close together! hehe

    anyways.. bmac: sure, lets talk. i ended up there quite randomly on a recreational drive on my day off. i hardly have any film shot there.

  4. #14
    bmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,156
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by wfwhitaker
    Blog is such a lovely sounding word; if, indeed, it is even a word at all.
    I've got a better one. The other day I read "blogosphere" in a news article

    LOL!
    hi!

  5. #15
    James Bleifus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sonoma County, CA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    255
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Fort HUnter Liggett! We have to chat!

    http://bmacphoto.com/jolon
    Wow! I haven't heard of, or been to, Hunter Liggett in years. You never know where things are going to pop up.

  6. #16
    blansky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Wine country in Northern California
    Posts
    5,179
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

  7. #17
    bjorke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SF & Surrounding Planet
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,032
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    Yes an no -- like many writers originating from the non-blog media, they tend to see blogs merely as smaller versions of mainstream media outlets -- so their acceptable range of subjects conform entirely to the World As Seen By CNN mentality. Foreign-policy blogs, economics blogs.... which are by far just a sliver of the blog ecology. While instapundit and the like may drag-in a lot of hits, for the most part they tend to just ape what's alredy in the media. In fact the election was a vivid illustration of what happens when media covers blog sites as news, even as the bloggers themselves are just repeating random snips of what they heard a few minutes ago on Fox News. Talk about public navel-gazing.

    The bulk of blogs are owned by 13-year-old girls who abandon the blog after a month or two. I'm not kidding, something like 70% of all blog addresses are abandoned and originally owned by teen girls. Of active blogs, there are some on politcal issues, with low readership -- one of my neighbors around the corner has a ranting one that goes on every few days about those damned democrats and harry potter and jesus, but as far as I can tell the only readers are his children and his drinking buddies from the VFW. There are a fair number of photobloggers who just noodle around, though they get themselves constrained by the "i have to post a new pic every day" mentality that requires them to use digi's and post a lot of pictures of their feet, their cats sleeping, sunsets and pretty much the entire cliche catalog.

    Still, it makes for a big bookstore, and there are a few worthwhile ones. I think.

    "What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

  8. #18
    bmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,156
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    There are a fair number of photobloggers who just noodle around, though they get themselves constrained by the "i have to post a new pic every day" mentality that requires them to use digi's and post a lot of pictures of their feet, their cats sleeping, sunsets and pretty much the entire cliche catalog.

    Still, it makes for a big bookstore, and there are a few worthwhile ones. I think.
    oh great, now I have to go change my photo of the day! hehe jk
    hi!

  9. #19
    KenM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    800
    I've started up a blog, which can be found here.

    It should prove to be interesting.
    Cheers!

    -klm.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Portland, OR, USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    243
    Images
    6
    My site is a kind of combo blog & gallery. I have a separate section where I write stuff, usually just my darkroom log and reviews. The whole thing isn't updated enough, as I've been lazy lately.

    Molten Words

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin