Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 704

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blogs

Images

Blogs

I've just recently (Nov 1) started doing my own photography Blog. It is fun, and I am hoping it might drive a little traffic to my eBay store and my Site. I'm currious how many other members have their own blogs, and how many actually read them.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had building blogs as a child, but haven't played with them in almost 60 years.

Although blogs may have some cathartic value to their authors, I'm a little dubious about their value from a marketing perspective. Then again, that might be a generational thing.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a blog which i've been running since September for no other reason than it seemed a good idea at the time. I installed a free site meter counter and that shows an average of 40 visits a day. I could probably get that higher if I really got stuck in. The whole point is to visit other blogs and leave comments. They will then (hopefully) visit you and do the same.
    One way I've found to help this along is by joining a couple of blogrings. There is a big one called photoblogs.org with hundreds of sites all linked by random link button.
    I have had several referals from people following the link in my signature and i even show up on Google!
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Images
    The blogring thing is good advice, I think I'll check into it. I actually sold a print this week to someone who came from the blog, so I guess it might be worth it
    hi!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm currious how many other members have their own blogs, and how many actually read them.
    While I don't have a blog of my own, I do receive Brook Jensen's audio blog from Lenswork via email. I'll check yours out though...

(There you have it, one more visitor)

joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i have a blog and I do read a few others. Mine isnt only about photography, but it is mainly. the link is below my signature if any cares to have a look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog is such a lovely sounding word; if, indeed, it is even a word at all.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    But of course!

[size=5][color="#68cddd"]Photo[/color][color="#999999"]Rant[/color][color="#000000"].[/color][color="#c84d4d"]Com[/color][/size]

As one of the very few analog-centric blogs, I suggest that all APUG readers immediately click this link on photoblogs.org (which knows my blog by its MT registry name, "BotzBlog") and then "Add to Favorites" to drag it up from obscurity at #300-some-odd on photoblogs.org's listing.....

PhotoRant's Links+Archives page has a number of links that are probably of interest to APUG'rs too. Here's my favorite new addition, from the past couple of days: The Space in Between

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking good.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    But of course!
    What was that URL again?
    hi!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin