Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,125   Online: 855

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries

Straneg reading of Hokusai

OK, I know he was not a photographer, but there is a link

I have put together the poster for Quinni' Kids Club Family Pinhole Photography Day, listed with WPPD, for which I am annual dark room worker as I don't allow kids into my darkroom, actually I allow almost no one into my darkroom

In one of the first drafts I used a detail from Hokusai's One Hundred Views of Mt Fuji, the one where a pinhole image is shown on a wall-screen thing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WPPD.Hokusai.crop.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	855.3 KB 
ID:	47295

Viewed as a heavily cropped detail the image suddenly suggested a man worshiping the view through a woman's thighs - I put it here to show how easy wrong readings are, or are they wrong?

Anyway, the poster ended up with a pic from last year's Quinninup Pinhole Day, the reason being that the Hokusai was considered too obscure by the QKC coordinator

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qkcSam1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	47296

PS - WPPD is on the 29th of April this year and is a chance for everyone to return to basics for a day

PPS - Anyone in WA reading this who has any old/broken 120 cameras that can be donated to the QKC for conversion to pinhole cameras please contact me - Milo can cameras loose their charm after a while

PPPS - This thread is opened to see how images are read by different people, not as an avenue to the sort of silliness that occurred on the Lewis Carroll thread
    Last edited by John Austin; 03-02-2012 at 08:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin