Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,658   Online: 963

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Clarence John Laughlin: An Artist with a Camera - PBS

Worthwhile program about an artist I was not really familiar with. It's running on PBS, so catch it if you can. It may be online somewhere, I don't know

http://beta.lpb.org/index.php/pledge..._with_a_camera

What I couldn't figure out is how he was able to read so many books and work the long hours he worked at his photography (he reportedly sold a total of about 50,000 books). I guess he read on all of those train trips and/or he never slept!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Interesting. His name comes up quite frequently when I search for stuff I've posted via Google.

-J (also John Laughlin - but minus the Clarence part)
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll have to watch for this one. My only exposure (sorry, folks, bad pun) to Laughlin's work is a monograph of his I picked up some 30-odd years ago on my first trip to New Orleans - Ghosts Along the Mississippi. An interesting take on the plantation architecture/culture of the lower Mississippi region, the work is by turns lyrical, poignant and wistful; as well it is as a masterful work of architectural photography. Hmm...maybe when I finish unpacking my library I should spend some time with this book...maybe get some additional ideas for my August trip...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin