Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,541   Online: 956

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mary Ellen Mark at the Prom

Lovely big 20x24 Polaroids from a favorite and a nice back story:

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...ht/?ref=sunday

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A wonderful photographer but I'm not really seeing the point of her going super ULF with Polaroid for this project.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For reasons I can't explain I woke up this morning thinking about MEM. She is one of the greats IMHO. As for her choice of format, I think that may be more evident when one sees the prints in person. They have a presence. There are all sorts of reasons she may gone this route. I know she's used big Polaroids before for her book on twins. I'm sure the experience and challenges of using that camera make the whole process different. The fact that each image is one of a kind and the unique look of B&W Polaroids, well, all of this adds up to something special in my book.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Agree that big polaroid portraits do have an uncanny presence. Especially liked the inclusion of her prom photo, too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin