Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,191   Online: 1157

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Old photographs!

I was asked to look over some photographs from WWII. The photographer was in the Army at the time, South Pacific and from the look Hawaii and the west coast. The two album have the title U.S. Army Air Forces Aerial photographic section. Along with the albums and photos, he had lots of slides most of which are Kodachrome which seem to be sandwiched between glass? In exchange for this, I was given a Meridian 4x5 Rangefinder camera. I will have to look into this. The estate was left to a friend and he's basically pitching everything, already threw away lots of slides. I was almost sick to think the 4x5 could have landed in the trash. Anyone have an idea where I should start? Is there any value in the collection? Thanks for your assistance. I will try to upload some cell phone shots of them. Interestingly there are some nudes as well as photographs of what he wrote were movie stars.
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gather all the collection and donate as much to museums as you want, keep some for yourself.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

thanks

Rick, I think you're right. Looks like some photos from around Colorado, and Japan. There are some photos of the surrender on the battleship, however they look like reproductions.
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it is a crime that people toss that stuff. A museum, a special collections library, would kill for that stuff. all of it, ESPECIALLY the stuff you think has no value -- everyday stuff is what always gets lost.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin