Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,598   Online: 932

Thread: O Canada !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

O Canada !

British Columbia Photographer, Jeff Wall's Battlefield Photograph Sells For Record Price.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...296/story.html

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's about time. Anyone lucky enough to own Wall prints will be revising their insurance coverage. It's strong, provocative work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    It's about time. Anyone lucky enough to own Wall prints will be revising their insurance coverage. It's strong, provocative work.
    +1

Although his work has been attracting high prices for a while.

He is also a cornerstone of the Art photography community in Canada - apparently a great teacher as well.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    LOVE Fred Herzog's Van Kodachromes, too!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's plenty of good photographers in Canada, and it's a shame that so few manage to crack through the international market. Jeff Wall can certainly be applauded for that. Though I hope it will help others gain some notoriety, too.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    There's plenty of good photographers in Canada, and it's a shame that so few manage to crack through the international market.
    I currently have two prints from APUG Subscriber,
    John { TheBanana, From Manitoba } Scott
    on display at the new residence !

Ron

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Large Format
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/20...cotiabank.html
    And this today from the CBC regarding Arnaud Maggs.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin