Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,728   Online: 1156

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Piece on Gordon Parks on NPR

Here's a photographer that lived an extraordinary life. His autobiography Voices in The Mirror is a great read.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow...r-gordon-parks

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for this one. A hugely sophisticated talent with a great style.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He was one of the photographers that I devoted a day to in February for black history month in my photography class's I teach. We covered his life story and the whole class viewed images of his online and in his book half past autumn, and had the students choose their favorites an tell why. A very talented person indeed, I'm glad they have such an exhibit up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great! He was a risk taker and had great faith in himself. A true Renaissance Man. Just think he's a photo journalist, fashion photographer and a director all at a time when discrimination was the norm. I encourage young photographers to read Voices in The Mirror.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin