Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,235   Online: 855

Shooter
    Medium Format

Found these great videos.

So I just found this collection of great videos on youtube that showcase amazing documentary photographers and follow them on assignment and thought I'd share. The work is very strong and the subjects very important. Most of them are using film, so there's that too. Go watch them now, you'll be glad you did!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...A&feature=plcp
    Last edited by amsp; 06-09-2012 at 01:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you, I'm watching one right now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I watched them all in one go, they're all absolutely brilliant and it's hard to stop once you start. It also shows that a lot of really important work is still made on film. It blows my mind that film manufacturers like Kodak and Fuji don't produce and highlight documentaries like these themselves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just finished the one on Patrick Brown, Trading to Extinction. The material within and the quality of video is great! I will keep on going through these this weekend.

On a side note: The video also touched on a little bit of the atmosphere within the photographic publishing industry, and its relationship with documentary/photojournalists nowadays, and the difficulties the photographer had with getting his work out just because of the subject matter and the fact that he shot it all in black and white (he says that had it be color it would have been picked up quickly). Though all in all, there was a positive outcome as I discovered with further reading using a new startup model for crowd sourcing pre-paid printing runs, somewhat similar to the kick-starter crowd sourcing venture capital system. His book did become fully funded for printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The video with the Rob Hornstra talks about that same subject, and he also funds his own books by crowd sourcing and pre-paid editions with great success. He also said it gives him a freedom that he wouldn't have had otherwise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Great videos Thank you.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin