Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,864   Online: 834

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agree totally, can't possibly be stable or very comfortable to shoot like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ8 View Post

On an unrelated note, I really hate when people hold cameras like that. It's very poor camera technique. /rant
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Back in 1979 my dad shot my birth with a 50mm lens on a Pentax K-1000. He made an album. I now possess the only known copy of this album. I am seriously considering burning it

Seriously, though - neither parent nor myself really wants to look at it. If the day ever comes, I highly doubt I would pay for this service based on my own experience. A nice portrait of the baby and the family at some point after the fact (and the cleanup), possibly.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I wasn't in a position to photograph anything too disturbing. He was cleaned up before the first image, which I think was after I cut the umbilical cord. We love those photos. They show that he had a personality from the moment he was born.

Since the maternity ward was too busy that night for my wife to get a private room, I couldn't spend the night there, so I went home and souped the film, scanned it when I woke up, and e-mailed images to the family before returning to the hospital in the morning.

I shot Tri-X pushed one stop with a fast lens, no flash, incidentally, and was surprised to see the photographer in the article using flash, even bounced. I think it's a myth that it could be harmful to the infant, but who wants the annoyance in such a situation? There's plenty of light in a delivery room.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My sons are now 5 and almost 7. For both, I filmed the birth on a digital video camera, including myself cutting the umbilical cord. I didn't include any gory detail in the edited films. Both boys love watching their arrival into the world. For both I also took a real film photo on my Hasselblad of the obstetrician holding them minutes after their birth.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had the extreme fortune of taking probably the best photo I've ever taken a few moments after the doctors handed my wife our daughter. Nothing gory, just pure emotion. My wife has to work to not start crying whenever she sees it. I find that funny and hugely flattering.

Leo
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    neither I nor my wife ever had any desire to photograph the event.
    Same here. I can't imagine a siuation where we would want to look at the pictures. I can't remember the last time I looked at our wedding album either.

Some things don't require documenting, memories are sometimes enough.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Same here. I can't imagine a siuation where we would want to look at the pictures. I can't remember the last time I looked at our wedding album either.

Some things don't require documenting, memories are sometimes enough.

Steve.
    The events of witnessing my sons births will be in my memory for ever I have no need for photographs, they are both in their forties now, I suppose it's too late to send them back
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    The events of witnessing my sons births will be in my memory for ever I have no need for photographs... I suppose it's too late to send them back.
    Amen, brother.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mabman View Post
    Back in 1979 my dad shot my birth with a 50mm lens on a Pentax K-1000. He made an album. I now possess the only known copy of this album. I am seriously considering burning it

Seriously, though - neither parent nor myself really wants to look at it. If the day ever comes, I highly doubt I would pay for this service based on my own experience. A nice portrait of the baby and the family at some point after the fact (and the cleanup), possibly.
    When I was born I was so ugly the midwife was confused and slapped me in the face
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When my son was being born I had a portable radio and some headphones with me.... BBC Radio Four was broadcasting The History of the Guitar in Jazz... I didn't want to miss that!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin