Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,615   Online: 1086

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Consumer films are not as tightly controlled as professional films. The Kodak Portra films are developed for the professional photographer and thus are both more consistent roll to roll than the consumer color print films. Also the professional color films are tuned to give more accurate skin color than the consumer films.

Leave any films in a hot car for enough days and the color rendition will get worse.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    To use pro-grade you really have to know what you are doing, but if using non-pro-grade film you can relax and snap away.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    To use pro-grade you really have to know what you are doing, but if using non-pro-grade film you can relax and snap away.
    Shirley you jest!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks all,

I could pick lots of important information from your replies that would definitely help me to start with film shooting.

One of the thing that attracted me is the color rendition of Kodachrome.
    Is there any film these days that can produce similar kind of color rendition?

Thanks,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin