Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,733   Online: 942

Shooter
    Multi Format

New Afghanistan Project: 'A Tree Falls'

After posting 'The Disorder of Species' (India) at the end of last year, I have completed another Afghanistan project (shot in Feb this year) and it is now up on my website.

"February 2012 saw Kabul’s neighbourhoods brought to a standstill by heavy snow. With the landscape transformed, scenes played out in isolation, barely connected to each and far removed from the oppressive larger reality that dominates life in the capital. Once the snow had melted and the streets cleared, all that occurred, and the relief that came with it, was erased."

The aim was very simple: to photograph moments in time which do not reach the world's media and which you would be forgiven for thinking don't happen at all.

http://www.thomasstanworth.com/album...=UA-10634171-1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think the images are very well done, but - if you hadn't told me it was Afghanistan, I wouldn't have known. Only image 9 (steel & snow) and 12 (police and snowman) give me a sense that this wasn't photographed in Upstate New York, or Europe. If that was your intent, I apologize for being thick-headed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin