Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,711   Online: 775

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Looking for Ansel Adams' "Surf Sequence"

Apart for being one of my favourite photos (or group of photos), I thought it would be great to have it as a poster on the wall next to my bed to inspire me before I go to sleep. Unfortunately though, the official Ansel Adams site doesn't include this image anywhere on the selling list and I haven't had any luck with google either. My only option would be to digitally copy and enlarge the image on the "Examples" book but even being so well printed, it would still not look very nice one or two meters wide.
    Do you have any suggestions?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    Apart for being one of my favourite photos (or group of photos), I thought it would be great to have it as a poster on the wall next to my bed to inspire me before I go to sleep. Unfortunately though, the official Ansel Adams site doesn't include this image anywhere on the selling list and I haven't had any luck with google either. My only option would be to digitally copy and enlarge the image on the "Examples" book but even being so well printed, it would still not look very nice one or two meters wide.
    Do you have any suggestions?
    You might consider copyright laws

Images
    I don't see any problem with copyright laws. If you own a copy of "Examples" you're entitled to do anything you want with it, as long is it's only for your own use. FYI, I believe that I've seen the surf sequence on a poster somewhere.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes Donald, I considered the copyright laws, but I was going to use it for my own enjoyment and not for profit. And in any case, if they want to make money maybe they should make a poster and I would be happy to buy it. I have always been an advocate of not making a profit from a dead artist's work, but that's another subject.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure where the poster is, but this page has some nice info on how he made these photos http://www.hctc.commnet.edu/artmuseu...s/surfseq.html
    -Grant

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin