Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,618   Online: 1023

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Film Legacy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    What are the falls in the first image, do you know? To me they have a slight resemblance to Korokoro Falls at Lake Waikaremoana in the north island, mind you, the openness of the scene is misplaced. Beautiful all the same with nostalgic colour.
    Hi, its all detailed in the full post here - http://aperturepriority.co.nz/2012/1...m-legacy-pt-1/

The falls are Marokopa Falls in the Waikato. There would be a safety barrier in the scene if I replicated this shot today...:-)

I'm not sure what you mean by "the openness of the scene is misplaced"?

cheers, Jason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by janrzm View Post
    [...]

I'm not sure what you mean by "the openness of the scene is misplaced"?

cheers, Jason.
    Korkoro Falls is in dense rainforest as opposed to the relative open area this picture shows, so it can't be the same one (and it isn't, as you've named it). It just struck me as looking quite similar, but of course Korokoro doesn't (to my knowledge) have a safety barrier.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Korkoro Falls is in dense rainforest as opposed to the relative open area this picture shows, so it can't be the same one (and it isn't, as you've named it). It just struck me as looking quite similar, but of course Korokoro doesn't (to my knowledge) have a safety barrier.
    I've just googled Korokoro Falls and your quite right there are some simiarities in appearance. There will be a lot more safety barriers around now than there were 40+ years ago when that image was taken.....:-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by janrzm View Post
    I've just googled Korokoro Falls and your quite right there are some simiarities in appearance. There will be a lot more safety barriers around now than there were 40+ years ago when that image was taken.....:-)

All those years ago enthusiastic snappers didn't have digital cameras. Now they are falling over themselves (and over cliffs...) in their zealousness to capture the definitive image of once-wild places, hence safety barriers, lookouts, engineered gantries, platforms and steps are appearing even in the most remote rainforests here (in Victoria) and in New Zealand. Where will the chance for real wilderness be, a generation from now?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For anyone thats interested I have just posted the next installment of this feature.

http://aperturepriority.co.nz/2012/1...m-legacy-pt-2/

Cheers

Jason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations on this Jason...your essays are great, and it is especially nice that you got the equipment as well as the story behind it. And now, you are getting to share that legacy. Pretty cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's great to see that one guy that we never heard of, just out taking pictures for his own enjoyment, can have left us so much beauty. Many thanks to you and the family.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks Maren, yes the legacy lives on.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    It's great to see that one guy that we never heard of, just out taking pictures for his own enjoyment, can have left us so much beauty. Many thanks to you and the family.
    Perfectly put Jesse, I know the family appreciate the enjoyment people are getting from these, there are more to come.

Thanks, Jason.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Very Nice thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin