Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,472   Online: 963

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

"The Fresh Coast Project"

I was listening to NPR this P.M. and heard a segment about Ed Wargin who had taken it upon himself to start a project several years ago, that would document the shores of the Great Lakes as well as other images from the region. What I found interesting while listening was that he insists on doing it on film. He made reference to having to speed up the project because the film product he uses is no longer manufactured and has to deal with whatever is left in the market place (can you say Kodachrome?). When asked why film rather than digital by the interviewer, he replied digital is too intangible, you can't hold it in your hand as you can a processed film image. Anyway, thought the subject and link might be of interest to others.

http://www.thefreshcoastproject.com/
    Last edited by bobwysiwyg; 11-27-2012 at 03:32 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Correct an omitted word.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Images
    Very nice images. Thank you for posting.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I enjoyed the photos also!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Outstanding!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin