Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,726   Online: 809

Thread: Jane Bown

Shooter
    35mm

Jane Bown

I've long admired Jane Bown's work and have found a couple of videos about her on YouTube. The first is a retrospective of her career in her own words:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-914BOz9D0

Another in a news-magazine format that includes an interview with her at age 84:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oK4zEyr6BU

-Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for posting the notice - I wasn't aware of her even though I've seen some of her work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've admired Ms. Bown's work for over thirty years ever since I've been an Observer reader, she's very old now, but I.M.O. she's still one of the Worlds best available light people photographers.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    She is a refreshingly quirky character and reputedly carried her Olympus OM1 with 50mm lens around in a shopping bag. I gather she took nearly all her pictures using just this combination.

Perhaps an object lesson for all those "wannabees" who are never happy unless they are carrying the latest "in vogue" camera with a case full of zoom lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rolleiman View Post
    She is a refreshingly quirky character and reputedly carried her Olympus OM1 with 50mm lens around in a shopping bag. I gather she took nearly all her pictures using just this combination.

Perhaps an object lesson for all those "wannabees" who are never happy unless they are carrying the latest "in vogue" camera with a case full of zoom lenses.
    Her main portrait lens is an Olympus 85mm f2.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like that! Thanks

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin