Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,711   Online: 750

Shooter
    Medium Format

Request: Dave Brubeck - 50s colour photograph in UK paper

I saw a great picture of the jazz pianist, Dave Brubeck (recently died) in a UK paper - I can't remember which, but a broadsheet, about two days ago - a 1956 colour photograph of the guy in full profile sat hunched on a stool with his feet up. A city skyline in the distance - big clear blue sky taking up most of the picture, with the subject's red shirt set against it. The photograph blew me away and looked great even in the newspaper print. Very modern looking image. There wasn't a photographer credit, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't someone famous. If anyone has any recollection of seeing the article/photo and could perhaps dig through their recent newspapers, I'd be much obliged! Strange one, I know.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    searching google images for "Dave Brubeck Stool" (I was a little worried about what might appear), I found it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/gall...591883&index=7

Brubeck sitting on a chair on his roof overlooking Oakland, California, in 1956 Photograph: Marvin Koner/Corbis

Shooter
    35mm
    Was it this image? Credit shows Marvin Koner in this screenshot. There is a nice website:

http://marvinkoner.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 9.32.47 PM.png  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    is there a way to navigate that website and see the pictures without the weird cropping?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin