Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,602   Online: 925

Images
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    An interesting article. Thanks for posting. I saw his work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY a few years ago and was totally impressed.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for posting the Avedon information, To me it was fantastic, what a great story/article. I believe we have lost another National Treasure!

C Webb

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Neal, Thanks for sharing the article...saw Avedon when he and Laura were at the Amon Carter for a talk when her book was released. He was quite animated and Ms. Wilson was very gracious with the night letting him talk away..think Lee was there the same night. It was very special to hear him talk about his work.

We indeed lost a National Treasure, one of many the past year.
    Mike C

Rambles

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sounds to me that Avedon knew that his time was just about over and he wanted to go out doing what he loved, working at his art. A powerful demonstration of mind and will.

It also seems that he did not want to go to a hospital or see a doctor who might have intubated him, put him on life suport which can be a horrific experience. Maybe why he decided to go to Texas where he could be master of his final destiney.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Neal thank you for posting this link, reading it again now that my brain is less foggy from flu I find it very moving and a fine tribute to a man who will be missed by many. As RAP has said he seems to have gone controlling his final destiny and I hope when our own time comes we will be able go the way we would like.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin