Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,957   Online: 774

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rena Effendi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Publishing in the gallery requires you to have a digital image. I'm one of the neanderthals that has no digital part in the process. I only produce prints on paper and they are awfully hard to push into the computer. My prints are mostly 16x20 from 8x10 negatives.
    It is not that I have something against publishing, and one day I might find a way to do so, but it is just that it is not possible for me to do so given the technology I use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    vpwphoto,

I find your request about members with many forum posts, who do not post photographs, to leave Apug utmost annoying!

Above reasons have been given for a photographer not to post his photographs.
    But above that here at Apug are members who do not even call themselves photographers. The designation Analog Photography Users Group indicates a broad field of members.
    Point taken, and thanks for your perspective.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    Micheal R. I dunno what is the point of being here if you aren't fully immersed (my opinion). EVERY professor I studied under showed their work to the class at some point. I see APUG as a great place to exchange ideas... I like to poke around the gallery for 10 minutes in the morning while sipping coffee. And that is why I posted more prints last month, and will try to put up something new again by summer.
    Again, not posting to the gallery says nothing about how immersed one is. Someone might spend 24 hours a day making images and prints, and simply not post images to the gallery. Let's face it, the APUG gallery is largely for ego stroking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't created anything yet to worry about someone making money off it...

LOL
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    ego stroking ?

i thought it was to see what people are up to
    ( if they want to share ) and be inspired ...

i didn't realize how wrong i was ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 03-06-2013 at 09:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John, I said largely, not entirely. Perhaps largely is somewhat of an overstatement, but there's a lot of that. Just my opinion - which doesn't mean anything but means as much as the original post in this thread.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    rather than ditch people with more than 1000 posts and no visuals to show for all their
    advice, and comments and everything else ...

i think everyone who has more than 500 posts to their name
    should refrain from posting ANYTHING for a week ...
    no comments in the gallery, no post to threads not even a PM
    THAT should get people posting who are timid and freaked out
    by the big fish ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We're all allowed to have an opinion of what's important to us, and what is not. I'm one of those people who gravitate to using the gallery more than the forum, but obviously there are those that are on a different journey.

To me it's the variety of backgrounds that make APUG what it is, and discussions of all sorts of things that keeps the site living, breathing, and attractive to others. Often I have sought advice from the forum members when something went wrong in my process, while posting work to the gallery to get feedback on the work that I do and ideas that I have for future and existing projects. Sometimes I even find that I have something to give back, by assisting with my perspective on things in the forum, or extending comments to other people's work in the galleries (either in appreciation, or sometimes suggestive about improvements).

It's all good, if you ask me. We need all kinds of participants. Many are introverts and are not comfortable showing their work in the galleries, while others are more extrovert and don't mind sharing some of their work. It's as much a thing of personality as it is a thing of different needs or what people want out of their participation.

Have fun, guys and gals.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations to Rena, Lange, and other social photographers around the world who have moved and inspired with their images. Congratulations to the scientists and process engineers who create film emulsions and manufacturing processes that enable them. Congratulations to the engineers who cleverly design cameras and optics capable of focusing those images seen by those photographers on those films.

And thank you, APUG, for existing, for allowing people of all skill levels to participate in this VAST field of photography. Some will come having never taken a picture and need help. Some will come having taken many and need help. Some will make advances in technology. Some will make advances in technique. Some will make advances in seeing that illuminate the human condition. It takes all kinds. Thanks to those at all skill levels who take the time to answer the questions of those slightly more unwashed than themselves, however inane the questions may appear to some.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin