Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,298   Online: 1102

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    Minister of Culture (!?!), Jeez. After reading your relativistic responses, us Americanos are so foreign to the league of sensibility expressed in your neck of the woods, that it is almost suicidal to express any opinion. So off the cliff I go...

None of the first three come close to cutting it for me, and would likely, in these parts at least, put me in great physical danger from the sitter if published. As it seems unlikely to repeat the session, the fourth at least illustrates the process of the artist with the minister. I agree with (the laaame) desertratt.
    What? Don't you have a Minister of Culture?

I don't understand your first sentences - the word "relativistic" is not excisting in my dictionary... So I'd like you to explain it (and your first sentence), please.

To be clear: I have NO idea how the final images will look - if really bad, then I'll spare her the pain of seeing them. In danger I'll never be. Not from her - not from anybody over here... (a laughing stock maybe..)

Thank you all for your comments - all the positive ones have made me even more uncertain, on which image to use - the negative ones have convinced me, I am on a right track... (maybe).

And just to be sure it is clear: the colour image is not (of course) made by me - if she is to get this, it is not my decision...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use all three......?
    regards,

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well done for the achievement for the school. Looks like a lovely place to work...

I like #2 the most, and I'm sure you can print it nicely. The photo showing the set-up is pretty interesting, too. Good luck!
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Maybe a vignette through Petzval then color bromoil with various heavy waxy background treatments

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Maybe a vignette through Petzval then color bromoil with various heavy waxy background treatments
    yes - I think I will experiment on the backgrounds - so I may have to print several prints to have for experimenting...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    #3 has a nice upright presence.
    a nice black/brow bromoil with
    encaustic paints added to give a hint of color
    would look beautiful .. i am sure it is up your alley
    but then again, the others you did seem to be part of
    this series, why don't you keep this one in the same "vein" ?

i am confident no matter how you print this, it will be pretty special ..

you know how to have fun!
    john

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

UPDATE

I finally made some liquid emulsion prints - choosing two different negs and made two of each..

Then the bromoil bleach and finally messing around with some oil...

going to be interesting..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They look great (I like the first two in particular). And now I think I understand why you had the (in my opinion) quite contrasty lightning in the straight prints. You need this so that the contrast stands again the pattern produced by your alternative techniques - and you know how to anticipate this. Is this correct?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They're all wonderful. #2 is my favorite.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Gandolfi, I am surprised that you ruled out Number 2. I think that is the photo that de-emphasizes her right eye the best and with fill on that cheek.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin