Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,624   Online: 977

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    quick snap (still wet) of a canged version of teh B/W image..

Added dramatic darkness in the background and also some warmth in her faxe...

Not finished I think, but how to finish it I don't know yet..
    Thanks for sharing your thinking and your process, it is wonderful to see how you are adding drama and an expression, layer by layer. I hope you don't take my suggestion too readily and so upset your own feeling of balance and your instinct, as I'd hate to spoil your creation, but since you asked for suggestions, I'd say I'd like something in-between the white and the newer blacker one, as I find the black maybe a touch heavier, and therefore sadder. Perhaps a slightly less symmetrical crop, too? I cannot wait to see the next versions.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you so much for letting us see the evolving work of art. This has been, and remains, fascinating.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal Lukawiecki View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thinking and your process, it is wonderful to see how you are adding drama and an expression, layer by layer. I hope you don't take my suggestion too readily and so upset your own feeling of balance and your instinct, as I'd hate to spoil your creation, but since you asked for suggestions, I'd say I'd like something in-between the white and the newer blacker one, as I find the black maybe a touch heavier, and therefore sadder. Perhaps a slightly less symmetrical crop, too? I cannot wait to see the next versions.
    First: Thanks all - it is nice to get feedback!!

Rafal I understand your suggestion, but I am afraid it is too late..

I have just made this even darker!... (will post an image tomorrow).
    I thought here she started to look like an old witch from a Harry Potter story... (I think the bottom half of the image had this effect..) - I am thinking about adding at least some warmth to the background as well...

I have also thought about cropping.. and I might do that...

To top it all, I have now begun my third version...

stay tuned..

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    The "B/W" version isn't B/W anymore... I added some warmth - both in the background as well as in her clothes...

I also decided to make the scarf less dominant..

Finally I tilted it a little to the right..

All in all better I think..

The third version is also now almost completed - I'll upload an image tomorrow..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails marianne-jelved4.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That looks great, Emil...
    I'm happy to report that your photos are now framed, and looking for a place to hang, in my house:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emilframed.jpg.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	408.9 KB 
ID:	69253

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dante's inferno. Acid trip. You don't mess around.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    The "B/W" version isn't B/W anymore... I added some warmth - both in the background as well as in her clothes...

I also decided to make the scarf less dominant..

Finally I tilted it a little to the right..

All in all better I think..
    Thanks for sharing. I like this version very much, though still not 100% sure about the whiter strip at the very bottom, and bottom-right, as it draws my eye away from the figure. However, this is probably just me...
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

UPDATE

well - I have now written our Minister (Secretary) of Culture and sent her the three images to jugde...

That is nerve wrecking...

I made some final images - SO hard to make them look right on a screen... and added a kind of framing to show how I picture them...

I wonder how she will react... Maybe she'll die of a culture shock?

We'll see....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mar3-a.jpg   mar2-a.jpg   mar1-a.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You did say she has a sense of humor...

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    ..and finally the fourth version...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mar4-a.jpg  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin