Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,961   Posts: 1,523,132   Online: 964

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

"Remembering Brett Weston"

A new video with Kim Weston, John Sexton and Randy Efros reminiscing about their experiences with Brett Weston. This is a much watch for any fan of Brett. Apparently there will be two more installments! Enjoy. =)

http://www.kimweston.com/remembering...on-and-weston/

or

http://www.johnsexton.com/remembering_brett_weston.html

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9gxD...b5gQQgpEHZdjOb

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great video! Thanks.

Jeff

i just found this one
    http://vimeo.com/50887733

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for sharing, I've enjoyed this video very much. I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with Kim Weston at Edward Weston's place in Carmel, when John Sexton took my group there in April. John is a great story teller, and both of those guys had quite a few great memories of Brett to share with us. I am looking forward to the next instalment. If any of you have a chance to pass through that part of the California coast, consider making an appointment for a visit, even just to see some of their superb prints.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you! The contribution is greatly appreciated!
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you - I really enjoyed their memories of Brett Weston.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shawn thanks for these, they're great. I've never been a huge fan of Brett Weston but stuff like this is always informative and fun.

If you're a fan of Brett Weston, you might want to get a copy of the Brett Weston DVD John Sexton has available on his website. I bought it after attending one of John's workshops and it's great. As Rafal said, John had some good Brett stories.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad I was able to share this. Too good to pass up!

Michael, I have the Brett Weston, DVD. I especially enjoyed the audio interviews which are included. I would love to hear some of Sexton's Brett stories which might not have made the interview (surely there are some =) Also, two different Brett Weston biographies are out right now. One by John Charles Woods and another by Randy Efros. Both interesting and each paints a slightly different picture of the man than the other...

I was unclear about whether the next two installments would be an extension of this and feature Kim, John and Randy again or if there would be new contributors or something different entirely. I guess we'll find out in due time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I was unclear about whether the next two installments would be an extension of this and feature Kim, John and Randy again or if there would be new contributors or something different entirely. I guess we'll find out in due time.
    My understanding is that the next installment will again feature Kim, John and Randy as well as additional images. The time frame for release is still uncertain.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Also, two different Brett Weston biographies are out right now. One by John Charles Woods and another by Randy Efros. Both interesting and each paints a slightly different picture of the man than the other...
    Shawn, that is true. Have you considered the motivations of the two authors, and why the picture of the man is different?

Best,
    Merg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin