Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,579   Online: 1149

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw some of his show at LA County Museum and his dye transfer prints are gorgeous. His subject matter is prosaic, but his art is finding beauty in the ordinary.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Wow.. I cant believe the critique of Eggleston's Tricycle photograph.. Eggleston's color photographs where way before there time.
    He is the godfather of color and his compositions are stunning...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your bump reminded me of this thread. I did see the article in the wsj magazine insert. It was a 2 page spread of only this picture blown up of his cameras in that suitcase. What's the point of getting the paper when it's online with a larger article and more pictures and free? Well the print version also mentions when he bought the case he had a carpenter friend outfit it with dividers. It didn't mention if the cameras worked, or if he bought them new and wore them out, or if he even still uses them. Kinda crappy reporting.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    With someone like Eggleston you have to look at a body of work, not just isolated images. He was a trendsetter. Off-the-cuff snapshots with
    a lovely feel for color, which came across with a great deal of charm (or sometimes a sinister twist) when he had them printed as small rich
    dyes transfers. The redux blown-up inkjets just don't have the same feel at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    "needs more detail in the tyres. Have you tested your film?"

"not enough detail in the sky"

"the sense of scale isn't right"

"too much space on the left side of the frame"

"I've got a million snaps like this! But I'm not showing you even one!"

"would be better in black and white"
    Or, "There aren't any people in it."
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin