Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,500   Online: 696

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

William Eggleston's camera collection

"Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good for him! Strange bird, that Eggleston. Whether you love or hate his work (I do, both) - you have to wonder why he possibly needed all these variations of bodies. No idea what to do with his millions, I suppose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yea just an old box full of leicas... It must be fun to be him. I watched his documentary a while back, just walking and shooting everything. Not a bad way to through your photographic career especially when your paid pretty well to do it. I'm gonna look out for this weekends issue of the wsj.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He aught to stick to collecting cameras instead of using them to taking totally banal pictures, and do the World a favour.
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I saw a huge exhibit of his work called The Democratic Camera at the National Gallery of Art. He's a funny guy and has some interesting friends--to tell from the documentaries shown with the exhibit. He's done some really great work and some of his prints are dye transfers--gorgeous stuff. There's always a reason why he clicks the shutter.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What a massive camera collection. I feel guilty about having 10 cameras, as I can only use one at a time. With regard to his images, I have seen a few that I think are brilliant, but many that leave me cold. In fact that tricycle picture would be a good subject for a critique thread on APUG.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    In fact that tricycle picture would be a good subject for a critique thread on APUG.
    "needs more detail in the tyres. Have you tested your film?"

"not enough detail in the sky"

"the sense of scale isn't right"

"too much space on the left side of the frame"

"I've got a million snaps like this! But I'm not showing you even one!"

"would be better in black and white"

There you go cliveh, no need now.

http://theonlinephotographer.blogspo...-internet.html
    Last edited by batwister; 05-24-2013 at 03:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    "needs more detail in the tyres. Have you tested your film?"

"not enough detail in the sky"

"the sense of scale isn't right"

"too much space on the left side of the frame"

"I've got a million snaps like this! But I'm not showing you even one!"

"would be better in black and white"

There you go cliveh, no need now.

http://theonlinephotographer.blogspo...-internet.html
    I am inclined to agree and I don't like the angle of the shot. But what do others think?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    He aught to stick to collecting cameras instead of using them to taking totally banal pictures, and do the World a favour.
    Speak for your own World.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm bemused by the fact that he appears to have all those camera bodies in an un-padded, atache case style of box.

And I too find that his work grows and grows on me.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin