Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,166   Online: 753

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    I'd say the original photos were digital, edited to the ones that would work for the animation and then printed as tintypes. Would be next to impossible to shoot live tintypes to come out as these did, e.g. consider the exposure times required.
    And consider the mountain of film holders cascading around your feet.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    Would be next to impossible to shoot live tintypes to come out as these did, e.g. consider the exposure times required.
    IDK silver emulsion can be pretty speedy in certain situations. much faster than wet plate...

silver gelatin tintypes can also be done in the darkroom ... (i've done them in the darkroom )
    maybe he shot the whole thing on film ( 35mm and an auto winder or 8mm film or ? )
    and enlarged them on silver gelatin plates or glass ..
    all the exposures would end up being exactly the same ... and it would be pretty easy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From his Vimeo page
    "Over 800 modern dryplate tintypes were made from b&w film to produce this experimental stop-motion video of a circus.
    Antonio Martinez created this video to serve as a desired childhood memory of the circus, but through the mind of an adult.
    The project began in 2005 and was fully completed in early 2010 with the help of sound designer, Ramah (Malebranche) Jihan, and assistant, Sarah (Lathrop) Midkiff. "

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi michael

i contacted him
    it was shot on film and printed on plates in the DR
    then assembled &c with PS.
    took 3 years ...

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    a piece of art
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin