Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,667   Online: 1144

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by borgunto View Post
    Last weekend the great Steve McCurry was in Siena, Tuscany, for the inauguration of his exhibition. I had the opportunity of an interview.
    Thanks borgunto for sharing your story. Leaves me wanting to hear more.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by markbau View Post
    And anyhow, who is Steve McCurry?
    The best photographer on the planet. The unconnoisseurs think of him as an over rated photographer. Just like Beethoven is over rated to the amateur. But scratch a little bit and you soon realize there is no higher master.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Lets clarify , Steve Mccurry is a man that Kodak gave the last roll of kodachrome to shoot. What he did ? He found a 40 dollars autofocus Nikon camera and finished it. I think We must not get him serious.

Nikon F6. Probably 1640$. Or 2040$ at the time.

But why we must take mustafa umut sarac serious? mustafa big grand master better more big like mccurry?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Is there idiots who pay this amount of money to an japanese camera ?

Only I say if american president invites you to a ball at whitehouse , you must spend to suit and codes and traditions.

That mcurry ran to india to shoot another poor indian villager photograph. And americans felt and prayed to their state how advanced and rich they are. This poor man photography of national geographic stinks.
    His Indians doesnt seem to escape from 1920s New Yorker magazine covers Their teeths are worse than a donkey. He doesnt need to posterize that. Their a anonym here saying he does not touch soap and water means he doesnt touch the his countries sensitive subjects. When he is in america , he founds de niro interesting , nothing else and he runs to india to Show old men teeths to the World. Asshole.
    Thanks to the Japanese and the Germans, the people in your country aren't at the ape stage anymore. Without them you'd still be walking without shoes and photography would mean to carve rocks with sticks in a cave. Without a the advanced countries, mustafa, I'm not even sure you'd know what it means to brush teeth. No, really.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    NBR,

please learn a bit about history and then refrain from such statements.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    please learn a bit about history and then refrain from such statements.
    Indeed: http://www.authorsden.com/visit/view...e.asp?id=46693

Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Without a the advanced countries, mustafa, I'm not even sure you'd know what it means to brush teeth
    Turkey was an advanced country long before we in Europe decided we were advanced and even longer before the US as we know it existed.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Eventually, that's something we'll all be forced to do in the future, like it or not.
    nah, I'll rather spend my time doing other things that keeping my arse sticked to the chair even longer.

There is always choice, and as someone else said, making predictions is difficult, even more if we try to predict the future.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You forgot to add 3 little words to your post "In my opinion..." LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    The best photographer on the planet. The unconnoisseurs think of him as an over rated photographer. Just like Beethoven is over rated to the amateur. But scratch a little bit and you soon realize there is no higher master.
    It is said that we remember the important things, if true, why photograph? I forget, so I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stop stop stop!
    Since we’ve gone a little bit too far, on my opinion, from my original post, just 2 lines to recap:
    - I’ve met Steve McCurry at the inauguration of his exhibition in Siena, here in Tuscany where I live.
    - I had the opportunity of a brief interview for a local magazine I work for.
    - For my curiosity I added some questions about film photography: he told me what you can read, that he doesn’t use film anymore.
    When I heard that, I thought it was news, but not for everybody (in fact I didn’t write about that in the article for the ‘general’ magazine), but especially for a community of film lovers like APUG.
    So, I didn’t have any particular intention but to inform you that a famous photographer (no doubt about that, and not only in the USA: I saw a crowd of Italian students around him begging for an autograph) after many years has decided not to use film anymore.
    That’s a fact and I couldn’t have my head in the sand (I’ve read that “threads like this... ”) and I decided to inform you. Many comments that I’ve read have gone far beyond, in the field of the ‘clash of civilizations’, I’d say, and this wasn’t of course my intention. I repeat it: I just wanted to inform you. Plain and simple. At this point, everyone can make his choice. For example, that doesn’t impress me much and I will continue shooting film (my fridge is full of film, I use my film cameras of every format every time that I go out) and always will. Of course, I think that having a famous testimonial (like McCurry could be) would be a good thing for the diffusion of analog photography love. But we’ll found others, no doubt.
    Good light (and good film!) to everybody!
    Damiano
    www.damianofedeli.it/english
    _______
    "I am a man, and nothing human is alien to me" (Terence, Latin dramatist)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It saddens me to see this place getting more like photo.net every day...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin