Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,167   Online: 782

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    ...apug used to be known as "the most polite forum on the internet"

... not this
    Even so, this is a pretty tame forum with some pretty nice people who share common interests... thankfully. These kind of htings happen periodically, as you well know, and then they go away - either the offensive member goes, or the issue dies down and goes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    There are rare bragging rights that accrue from such an internship. Less famous photographers rely on such interns. Also, it is much cheaper for the intern than most colleges and photographic schools. After all, McCurry is seeking interns, not students for expensive workshops.
    I don't think it makes the matter right, just because others do it as well. I don't want to get into it but the whole interns as free labor model is broke, the continuation of it across so many other job sectors is disgusting. It's not what it was ideally anymore, as a learning apprenticeship. I remember his posts require interns to already have all the photographic skills already, so it's just free labor with a change of staff every 3 months.

There are more discussions on other sites about his practices, if you search online, but I wont comment on it further here. This thread has gone every which way and I don't think it reflects apug as a community forum.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't understand all the fuss in this thread. This Forum SHOULD be about a photographers PERSONAL CHOICE. It is every bit as ridiculous to criticize someone for choosing to shoot digital as it is to criticize someone who chooses to only shoot film (and besides, from the comments I've read here over time, it appears most of us here shoot both).

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yes I remember how polite Jorge was every day.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Even so, this is a pretty tame forum with some pretty nice people who share common interests... thankfully. These kind of htings happen periodically, as you well know, and then they go away - either the offensive member goes, or the issue dies down and goes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Yes I remember how polite Jorge was every day.
    Yes, me too... but he left. He and a few other characters really left an impression, eh?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I find this site pretty tame, compared to when I first joined, but I have put a lot of threads on ignore so I really only get darkroom and presentation threads to view.

I will say this ... Dinesh is by far the biggest pain in the ass on this site, he is a real trouble maker, he is lucky I never bump into him on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Yes, me too... but he left. He and a few other characters really left an impression, eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post

I will say this ... Dinesh is by far the biggest pain in the ass on this site, he is a real trouble maker, he is lucky I never bump into him on the street.
    Uh oh.....it's ON!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Uh oh.....it's ON!
    My lips are sealed and my fingers are tongue-tied.

Or in other words: CLAP OFF.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I agree with PKM this thread is pretty shameful, especially that really bigot remark about one APUGers country being in the Stone Age, really not ok...

Also, one if our own recently moved to an all digital printing, remember that? And everyone said fond things and wished him luck, so why is Steve McCurry getting bashed for essentially the same thing?

Furthermore I wouldn't mind interning for free for him, also many of my models are free, does that make me bad too?

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Stone age , may be 400 000 years ago

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin