Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,164   Online: 1087

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bettman/Corbis

Shooter
    Large Format

Bettman/Corbis

I was just looking at some B&W photos from the sixties and noticed that many were credited to this artist. Does anybody know anymore about this person?

Images
    Good Evening, Brad,

Bettman is, I think, the name of a photographic archive; I assume that Corbis is (was) also and that there may have been a merger.

Konical

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ahhh....That would explain the apparent super human lifespan...

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    konical
    you beat me to it!

hi brad

the bettman archive is a huge collection of photographs, which is now part of the corbis stock agency.

it doesn't say much,
    http://people.clarkson.edu/~johndan/...es/000362.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, they have a website with a pretty huge searchable archive online. Fun to browse it time to time. http://pro.corbis.com/
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And, Corbis is (I understand) owned by a certain software exec from the Seattle area.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Anybody have any experience dealing with stock houses as a photographer? I heard one story where some contracts allow for images to be cut up and sold in pieces, altered in Photo Shop, and the photographer gets nothing for those usages.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RAP
    Anybody have any experience dealing with stock houses as a photographer? . . .
    Not personally, but from what I've read, the market has changed dramatically in the last few years, with more than enough horror stories to go around.

One spot that I've seen referred to as a decent resource on info about the stock photo biz is http://www.photosource.com/index.php.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe this was the unspoken name of the Anti-Christ prior to the coming of the Satan Digital.

Images
    Good Evening,

In regard to RAP's question, I worked with a St. Louis stock agency for a number of years in the 1980's and into the 1990's. Since I was otherwise employed, I had serious limits on the time I could devote to shooting; generally, I covered expenses and made enough to add an occasional piece of equipment. Although I didn't encounter any "horror stories," the market, as Ralph notes, did change. My agency no longer exists, a victim, I suppose, of the glut of "free" images available on line.

Konical

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin