Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,813   Online: 1089

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    The OP question is about who uses the system and how (what sort of images are they making with the system). Its a guideline for those who are considering the systems.
    I've only recently purchased the SQ-A system, and find it to now be my 1st camera of choice when heading out the door.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I went to a WPPA national workshop in NV once. Had lunch with a wedding pro, and after mentioning that I shot with Bronica he mentioned that all the wedding pros in his area (of FL) used Bronica, rather than spending all of their money on capital equipment purchases (Hassy)
    Last edited by wiltw; 12-10-2013 at 10:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wanted an Hasselblad - and for obvious (money) reasons could not get a good used one. I'd considered Bronica, Mamiya, and Pentax (67II), and two factors influenced my final decision.

1) In my price range
    2) Meets my basic needs (not desires)

One need was removable backs, so that ruled out the Pentax. While I still kept my eye on Hasselblad, I started leaning toward Bronica GS-1 because it offered what I wanted and because of the weight. Then a good deal appeared on ebay - so now I have one.

I learned Bronica was quite a workhorse for weddings. I'd never learned of any notable pros who used it, but never even cared to look for that kind of information.

I understand the OP was just curious, no problem with that... and I still want an Hasselblad
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    This sort of question is about insecurity, and validating ones status, whatever talent a notable photographer has who uses a particular brand or model doesn't rub off on anyone else, and a crap violinist is still crap, even using a Stradivarius. A good photographer can shoot good pictures with the cheapest cameras.
    Point taken. Although I'm still curious.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin