Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,492   Online: 951

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

How to be a Photographer in Four Lessons!

I would have put this in the "Spoof" forum if APUG had one! Lots of food for thought here -- I already have a beard and wear glasses, but mine aren't large enough. Got the Russian camera lenses and lots of vinyl, too!

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/...html?hpt=hp_c4

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's rather brilliant. I particularly like the "conceptual photographer" sequence.

The David Chancellor "Hunters" series, linked below the "wildlife photographer" bit, is interesting too. It's highly documentary and I'm not sure it all holds up well on artistic criteria, but you can't fault it for clarity of message. (It's also potentially pretty squicky stuff if you don't like seeing death up close.)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    To be taken seriously as a photographer you have to have a suit like this:-
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...ed=0CDcQ9QEwAw

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really funny! Even funnier are some of the comments. Some don't seem to realize it's supposed to be humorous, not really a guide. Thanks for sharing.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Funny stuff, and on CNN no less! Maybe that's the funniest thing. The comments are sorta sad, as I also noticed that it seems to have gone over, or under, people's heads. I'd bet my last nickle that many people who read this, including the "emerging photographers", think it's on the level.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beard, check.
    Vinyl listening, check.
    Shooting expired film on a Soviet camera, check (well, what else am I going to do on a Long Weekend?)
    Top shirt-button undone, check (although, to be fair, I've got so much damn chest-hair that it's hard to do up that top button).
    Total mystery of my next 'project', check (so mysterious, in fact, that noone will ever notice if I do or don't complete it).

Contemporary me up.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about a cowboy hat?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin