Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,431   Online: 795

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Let’s put this into context, photography was not invented, but discovered by various people at different periods in history using a multitude of different processes. The overlap and variations are too numerous to mention. Take any of the halogen compounds and experiment with them long enough and you get an image. There are still many variations of basic chemical imagery yet undiscovered and untouched and well worth a lifetime of experimentation. However, Daguerre was unique in his particular process of image permanence, be it only a one shot process.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And when you think of archival quality, that daguerreotype you are holding has lasted far longer than your negative has.

Shooter
    Large Format
    My birthday also, in 1951.
    Michael

"I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Medium Format

seeing a daguerreotype

breathtaking! happy b-day lou, et al!

jvo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin