Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,956   Online: 1218

Shooter
    Medium Format

Wander by Dan Barham

My friend Dan Barham is a well known pro mountain bike/outdoor photographer who recently did a commercial mountain bike project on film which I thought APUG might be interested in. I don't think it's very common to see film in the action sports genre these days.

He's a Canon guy so he shot with a couple of Canon bodies (AE-1 and EF) and a 120 Holga. There is a video at the bottom of the page where he talks a bit about shooting with film.

http://acre-supply.com/journal/dan-barham-WANDER.php

There's a book available, I have a copy on order but can't provide any review of it at this point.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks, man. Looks like that would have been an awesome ride. Little bit of everything on that page. I think if I had the quid I would have upped for the book on the spot. Awesome. I would say I loved the scenic photographs of the craggy mountains, but the portraiture (candids) were very good as well. Then there were the other photographs, such as the gear and chain. Just great all the way around.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Neat stuff!

Jeff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Those are great! Thanks for sharing. Oddly, I was recently talking to an owner of an upscale bike shop about possibly doing a series of BW fiber for their shop. He wants the classic look.
    K.S. Klain

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin