Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,124   Online: 1109

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ordered. Shame that shipping is almost as much as the DVD but it still totaled ten bucks. (Ok, $9.99 actually.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Order placed, thanks for the heads up.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm in. What a great deal! Thanks for the heads up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Their shipping prices are crazy I threw in a few inexpensive items into the cart that I could use and it went to $35 for a small 4x6 and 5x7 Basic itoya portfolios, and 2 grease pencils along with the DVD. That put me off and I decided to forget about this online order. Maybe they will put it on netflix or another online steaming site in hd in the future.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I bought this video when it came out... I have lost it since.

Does anybody know who the person interviewing Fred is??
    I think I met him at Jacobs Center the year Brilliant was not available and a substitute was being
    sold.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Their shipping prices are crazy I threw in a few inexpensive items into the cart that I could use and it went to $35 for a small 4x6 and 5x7 Basic itoya portfolios, and 2 grease pencils along with the DVD. That put me off and I decided to forget about this online order. Maybe they will put it on netflix or another online steaming site in hd in the future.
    I've run into that with Calumet before. Once upon a time, back in the 90s, I ordered a fair amount of chems and paper and such from them because at the time they had a great selection, but I quit doing so because the shipping was insane. Now it seems they don't have much and it still costs a lot to ship what they do have - but I did get the video.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad to help!

Ken, reading Zone VI newsletters sitting at Disneyland. That's great! I'm picturing you sitting on the curb in a Donald Duck suit with the head resting next to you while you pour over them.

As far as the shipping (in the US)... So it comes to about $10 for a $5 video that used to sell for $40 plus shipping... still seems like a pretty good deal to me. I'm certainly not buying anything else from them but for this item it's worth it, to me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got the DVD and while I was there, found new Lisco 8X10 darkslides for $6.33 each, regular price 22 something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Ken, reading Zone VI newsletters sitting at Disneyland. That's great! I'm picturing you sitting on the curb in a Donald Duck suit with the head resting next to you while you pour over them.
    Naw... Never was a character. But the weekend mid-shift Snow White in the late-70s was hot! Quite the party girl was the rumor back in the old Fantasyland employee break area. Sadly, her social circle at the Park was different than mine.

Bet you didn't know that the original Tinkerbell character (who flew across the night sky each evening to begin the fireworks show) was actually a 71-year-old Hungarian grandma. She wore a body harness, stepped off a platform at the top of the Matterhorn Mountain, and zip-lined with spotlights following her all the way to the far edge of Fantasyland where she was "caught" by several big guys holding beat-up mattresses up on a secluded wooden platform behind some trees. In her pre-Disney youth she had performed by hanging from stunt planes by her teeth.

At one point I was taking my reading breaks deep below the Matterhorn down in the waterfall pump room. There were a pair (if memory serves) of giant electric motors that lifted the water up pipes inside of the mountain structure. The room was nice and warm and dry (and quiet, in a massive white noise sort of way) on cold, rainy winter days.

It was perfect for reading Fred's never-ending rants against mediocrity. Or doing my calculus homework...

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 02-21-2014 at 01:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While I'm a little disappointed that you ruined my tableau of young Ken in partial costume, Z-VI newsletter in hand alongside Donald's head all in front of a backdrop of roller coasters and castle spires... I still enjoyed your stroll down memory lane.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin