Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,381   Online: 772

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    On his website he says it is available on Kodak Endura Metallic paper. I'm not familiar with this paper. I guess we will have to wait for Graeme to come on line and give us the details.
    It's an RA4 paper which has a very similar look to Ilfochrome. Graeme showed me some small prints on this paper and they are stunning. I bought 100 sheets of the stuff a couple of weeks ago in NYC.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've seen prints on Endura metallic paper, including one of Graeme's in the f32.net Travelling Exhibition, and while Graeme's work was certainly very proficient, I don't think this paper works for every kind of subject. Some things benefit from that particular sheen, though. I also don't see the resemblance to Ilfochrome.

Hey, check the POW thread again on photo.net--sure enough, one guy has futzed (can I say that here?) it up in PhotoShop and posted his version.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi all,

This version of the shot (B&W) is printed on Kodak Supra paper, when I print it at all. Supra doesn't have the metalic backing.

The public prefer the quadtoned version which I print on the Endura paper. I think I also prefer the quadtoned version.

And David, you can indeed say he futzed it, because that's what he did.
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    I've seen prints on Endura metallic paper, including one of Graeme's in the f32.net Travelling Exhibition, and while Graeme's work was certainly very proficient, I don't think this paper works for every kind of subject. Some things benefit from that particular sheen, though. I also don't see the resemblance to Ilfochrome.

Hey, check the POW thread again on photo.net--sure enough, one guy has futzed (can I say that here?) it up in PhotoShop and posted his version.
    Why the do they do that? It just seems plain rude. Yeah, he mangled it didn't he.

Graeme I love the colored version of this shot. hard to say which is better.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    SInce I am totally opposed to posting on P.net I'll give Graeme a big thumbs up here. That is a nice shot.
    What is a nice shot?
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fantastic!! Congrats Graeme!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker
    What is a nice shot?
    They're referring to this shot:
    http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1052768
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin