Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,220   Posts: 1,532,312   Online: 916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Images

Graeme Hird and POW

SInce I am totally opposed to posting on P.net I'll give Graeme a big thumbs up here. That is a nice shot.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    SInce I am totally opposed to posting on P.net I'll give Graeme a big thumbs up here. That is a nice shot.
    [SIZE=4]Great shot Graeme![/SIZE]

I[SIZE=1] had a pow there once -- people were lining up to slam it and one a$$hole (he runs a fujiRF site) used multiple ID's to give it low ratings and neg comments (I think it galled him that I 'won' with a Mamiya RF). The site is 1 part substance and 9 parts fragrance.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The color version of this image is on his website. The address is: http://www.scenebyhird.com/
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    The color version of this image is on his website. The address is: http://www.scenebyhird.com/
    Is it colour or B&W printed on colour paper?

Images
    Details say BW film but no paper choice.

I can't wait for some jackass to start photoshopping the hell out of it and say why their version is better.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    Is it colour or B&W printed on colour paper?
    On his website he says it is available on Kodak Endura Metallic paper. I'm not familiar with this paper. I guess we will have to wait for Graeme to come on line and give us the details.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was wondering ... what has Graeme been doing with prisoners of war?!
    Not the first time with pow for Graeme, by the looks either. Incidentally it's only 6:30am 'ish in Aussie, he's probably not back from his morning shoot yet .
    Last edited by John McCallum; 02-15-2005 at 03:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    Incidentally it's only 6:30am 'ish in Aussie, he's probably not back from his morning shoot yet .
    Probably still sleeping; it's only 4:30 AM in Kalgoorlie.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    On his website he says it is available on Kodak Endura Metallic paper. I'm not familiar with this paper. I guess we will have to wait for Graeme to come on line and give us the details.
    This is lovely RA4 colour paper. B&W images take on a truly metallic silver look when printed neutral. It appears by G's website post that he printed it with a sepia cast -- which might also look good. The image is sure stunning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    from his description I got the impression he shot it in B&W. Probably scanned and printed on the colour paper similar to his colour images.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin