Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,880   Online: 1121

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Wesely

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for the link to the 1h project. I find these absolutely impressive. Is that actual solarization (burned emulsion) or is it achieved chemically?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Solarization.

Bests,
    David
    www.dsallen.de
    D.S. Allen, fotograf.

Neue 3D Ausstellung/New 3D exhibition: www.german-fine-arts.com/berlin.html
    Neue Fotos/New Photos: http://shop.german-fine-arts.com/d-s-allen.html
    Vita/CV: www.german-fine-arts.com/allen.php

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I actually enlarged those prints for him. Yes they are Solarization as Allen said. Made on 4x5 Efke film. He couldn’t get the effect using modern film from Kodak or Ilford as he wanted.

They have a lot of blotches and stripes and marks from the vagabonding light. You can imagine from a 1 hour exposure into the sun.
    Actually the negatives where scanned, some blotches, marks and pinholes where removed. New negatives where made on 8x10 film and enlarged. The new negatives where still rather bad and it was a very frustrating job.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro35
    Thank you for the link to the 1h project.
    I'll add my thanks too.

Very creative thinking, and strong images even when just seen on a 'puter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    I actually enlarged those prints for him. Yes they are Solarization as Allen said. Made on 4x5 Efke film. He couldn’t get the effect using modern film from Kodak or Ilford as he wanted.

They have a lot of blotches and stripes and marks from the vagabonding light. You can imagine from a 1 hour exposure into the sun.
    Actually the negatives where scanned, some blotches, marks and pinholes where removed. New negatives where made on 8x10 film and enlarged. The new negatives where still rather bad and it was a very frustrating job.

Really amazing work! I can imagine the negatives were a pain, but the results look great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin