Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 828

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That being the case, here are several images of early works by Dorothea Lange, signed and dated 1921. Images of these prints are surely not available elsewhere, so enjoy them while you can. The originals were found locally in Sept. 2009.

Attachment 88609 Attachment 88610
    Last edited by DannL.; 05-26-2014 at 08:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Entre La Espada y La Pared.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great image!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you DannL. These are very nice photographs.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had no idea about those LOC collections, some of them are amazing. I just got completely drawn in to the huge collection of Edward Curtis. Wow. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I'm still shocked that the Library of Congress offers free downloads of high-res negative scans of her best images. I wonder if you would like that.
    Farm Security Administration documentary photography was paid for by the US taxpayers. The photographers and support personnel were employed by the US government, and thus also paid by taxpayers. That arrangement places their for-hire works into the public domain, and thus available to the public who paid for them via the Library of Congress.

But there are limits. I can download a high-resolution digital reproduction file and print my own copy. But if I were to ask the LOC to borrow the original negative for a weekend to print my own copy... ?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin