Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,602   Online: 1249

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you. I basically know the history, but I just don't understand the coupling of two photographs in this case, like those two shore sights.
    Maybe though I'm expecting too much from that coupling. It's not the photos as such, I just do not get the point of that formal structure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    This may help.
    (but then, history or not, I still just like the photos)
    To quote Jim Jarmusch:

"Stupid fucking white man!"

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The work concerns Women of the Stolen Generation and (the portraits) and the Country / Dreamtime to which they are connected. More than one image of Country / Dreamtime represents multiple connections (family). I agree it's easier for Australians to understand the work and is in itself an abstract work requiring knowledge of the political and cultural undertows.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone from Canada familiar with our "Residential Schools" tragedy/atrocity will understand and appreciate these portraits.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin