Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,268   Online: 809

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    ---

Shooter
    Large Format
    SOme people who have seen Picker's exhibition prints have told me they were very good, and this is people whose opinion I respect. OTOH I too fell for the "reference" print and the video, thinking I was going to get some really good tips from the video which would show in the print. I too got the river with snow print and it was very dissapointing, even if I say so, I thought I was already making better prints than the one I got.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    ---
    What he said.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Images
    The guy was a good saleman. RIP
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    What he said.
    '

Thanks for concurring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too bought 4 of the infamous example prints. They were pretty lame. I don't know what Fred was thinking.

Peter
    www.desmidt.net

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Calumet Chicago use to have a great Clearance table when you first walked in and it was always my first stop. One day I saw a print of his in there for $9.00. I recognized it as the close up of the side of the barn from his video. It was weak and it was then and there I started to question his approach.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Large Format
    I thought I was the only one, oh well. I still keep the river and snow for grain comparison. RIP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I thought his book was helpful , but I was never really impressed with his prints. After a while it seemed to me it was just a business he pick to make money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Nargi
    I thought his book was helpful , but I was never really impressed with his prints. After a while it seemed to me it was just a business he pick to make money.
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I don't think that's quite fair. Fred spent a lot of time photographing, and his workshops helped out a lot of people. I remember someone mentioning that he spent a tremendous amount of time simply looking at photographs. None of that fits in with someone who's just out to make a buck. So while I don't particularly enjoy his photography, I respect his zeal for the medium, and what he did to help promote high quality bw photography.

RIP Fred.

-Peter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin