Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,487   Posts: 1,571,308   Online: 739

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

A piece on Helmet Newton

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TRAVEL/DESTI....ap/index.html

Wish I could see the show. I always loved his work. Saw a documentary on him several years ago and he seemed to be quite the guy.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    WOW That will be some show I wish I could be there as well as I also love his work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link. I never cared for Helmut Newton's work until I saw him speak at the National Geographic Society, of all places! He was really very funny, and his whole talk led up to a favorite photo of his. It depicted an annonymous, elderly woman sitting on the beach in Monaco in a black bra, (or maybe it was a black swimsuit!) with a wooden leg. He saw her on the beach, and approached her to make the photograph. It was a sight, he said, that embodied everything he loved about women.

I found him refreshingly humorous, and afterward, I developed more sympathy for his work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Boy, would love to see the show and the movie. Hopefully they wiil release it for general consumption. I was always a big fan of his sense of humor and timing.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eric,
    Thanks a million for the link. As you can tell from my avatar, he's my favorite and also the main reason I love photography. I'm going to do some research and see if I can find out anything about that movie. I'll keep y'all posted.
    Ara

While you're waiting to see that movie, check out the other one about him called "Frames from the Edge". It's pretty great and worth seeing.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin